DeafPhoenix Advocacy Services
Our free and customized direct anti-violence advocacy, training/technical assistance, and interactive multimedia services include…
- Information, Empowerment Options, Linkage to Referrals, Accompaniment to access crime victimization assistance services (hospital for medical services, filing police report, and requesting protection orders at courthouse) and statewide community resources.
- Psycho-education on Crime Victimization, Crime Victims’ Rights, Impact of Trauma, Healing Strategies, and Safety Planning.
Trauma Informed Counseling and Psychoeducation
- Individual and Peer counseling
- Psychoeducation support groups
- Structured and creative healing activities
- Assistance to file police report, protection order, compensation for crime victimization, and VINE for notification to be aware where the person moved from one jail system and possibly scheduled for a release from jail.
- Accompaniment and support to access law enforcement agencies, numerous court systems including domestic relations, municipal, common pleas, and identified community systems.
- Assistance to access information on statewide community resources, your crime victims’ rights, and American Disabilities Act (ADA) rights.
- Accompaniment to navigate through multiple statewide systems and access resources for safety, justice, and healing needs.
- Outreach and psycho-education workshops on crime victimization, response, and community driven solutions.
Technical Assistance/Training and Consultation
- For Deaf service organizations on different crime victimization, impact and response to trauma, and empowering service provision.
- For Hearing service organizations on best practices on culturally empowering services for Ohio’s Deaf communities and beyond.
- For Interpreters on Trauma Informed Interpreting and Professional Development needs.